Monday, November 8, 2010

A Very Potter Blog

Hey look it is Monday again! Meaning it is time for another blog, hmm trying to figure out what blogging is all about I found out I should not put a time table on when I am going to blog. I am just going to write one when something comes to me. Like now for example my mind now a days is full of Harry Potter excitement.

Mainly because the date is coming up when Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part One is coming out at theaters worldwide. I have been waiting for that date for a year or maybe more. It is probably my favorite book of the series which means hopefully the best movie. But who knows with hollywood anymore right. Do not get me wrong the past movies have been completely wonderful but to me they always was missing "something" that I always could not put my head on. These last two have the most action in other movies in the past, drama, etc. Hopefully everyone will do the book justice just like they said they would.

With all the excitement that comes out with the last movie coming out, it isn't always peaches and cream I am going to be completely sad when eventually when part 2 comes out. I am not going to lie Harry Potter has been a very very large part of my childhood and I miss that honestly. I can say I would feel empty without it in my life, it is really what got me into the love of reading books. But I really miss reading books I been not doing that recently because with college I have not had enough time to do all the things that I wanted to do.

Its nuts that I can tell you exactly how I came upon Harry, I was honestly introduced by a library person at the Gnadenhutten Public Library. I came in with my mom one day looking for a book to read, I was having a terrible time finding a book. Eventually the person came over to me and my mom and asked us if we have ever heard of this book. She eventually held up the book, in my mind I said to myself hmm this looks interesting, I asked her what it was about and she told me it was basically a child that goes to a wizard school and learns magic. It sounded so interesting to me I had to get the book. Pretty much the rest of it is history. I become so involved in the world of Harry Potter, but that does not mean that I was addicted to it I just liked the books. I guess it worked for my mom to because she could see how excited I was about reading. After every book that came out I had to get my hands on it, and read it. I honestly try to read books at a slow pace so I can absorb the material but I was consumed with the books. I finished one of the biggest books in just three days, reading on and off during the day.


The rest is history so to speak so Harry in short made me a reader imagine that huh. To think that just in a matter of years it is all going to end makes me sad beyond belief. My childhood gone just poof. I usually not a emotional person but I can be in what I believe in. I just have a feeling in my gut at the end of Part 2 I will just leave the theatre crying. At least I will not be the only one who knows I might even clap at the end if it is awesome. I guess we all have to wait and see on 9/19/10..

Oscar anyone? Maybe not

No comments:

Post a Comment